In 1919 during the great oil boom of Eastland County investors of First State Bank began building a five-storied structure on the square in Eastland. Seven banks dotted the downtown area until the last surviving institution of the Great Depression, First State Bank, closed. For four years Eastland had no bank until investors opened Eastland National Bank in this same location in 1934. ENB operated here until moving to a new structure on E Main in 1980. The Eastland County Museum, formed in 1992, moved into the location in 2004 and continues to operate at 114 S. Seaman Street today.